Measures related to the COVID-19 (Update: April 13, 2020)
Update: April 13, 2020
Release date: March 6, 2020
Nagano, Japan, April 13, 2020
In response to the Declaration of State of Emergency issued by the Japanese government, we Mimaki Engineering Group will take the following measures for the time being.
To ensure the health and safety of our customers, suppliers, and employees and to prevent the spread of infection, we have decided to take these measures. We kindly ask for the understanding and cooperation of the parties concerned.
1. Measures taken for areas where the State of Emergency has been declared
- Start teleworking from available departments.
- The number of employees who come to work must be minimized, and unnecessary and non-urgent outings are prohibited.
[Maintaining sales functions]
- To maintain the functions of our branch offices, sales offices and centers continue business with the minimum number of people.
- Use email, telephone, video conference, etc. as our measures to respond to customers.
- Our service representatives are required to visit the customer site from their home directly for the repair and to refrain from working at office except the preparation of service parts.
[Prohibition of traveling]
- Traveling between the area under the State of Emergency and the other area is prohibited.
|List of Applicable Regional Offices|
|Tokyo Branch Office||TKB Gotenyama Bldg. 5-9-41 Kitashinagawa, Shinagawa Tokyo, Japan|
|JP Demonstration Center||Rm 610-615, 6F, TOC Building, 7-22-17 Nishigotanda, Shinagawa Tokyo, Japan|
|Hachioji Development Center|
Nishi-Tokyo Sales Office
|593-6 Kitano-town, Hachioji-city, Tokyo, Japan|
|Yokohama Sales Office||Arena Tower 1F 3-1-9 Shinyokohama, Kohoku-ward, Yokohama-city, Kanagawa, Japan|
|Saitama Sales Office||MeijiyasudaseimeiOmiya Bldg 1F 3-1-2 Miya-town, Omiya-ward, Saitama-city, Saitama, Japan|
|Osaka Branch Office||3-36-15 Tarumi-town, Suita-city, Osaka, Japan|
|Kobe Sales Office||Sannomiya Kokusai Bldg 1F 2-1-30 Hamabedori, Chuo-ward, Kobe-city, Hyogo, Japan|
|The Kyushu Area|
|Fukuoka Sales Office||5-11-15 Yoshiduka, Hakata-ward, Hukuoka-city, Fukuoka, Japan|
2. Measures taken throughout the company (re-ensuring of existing efforts, and additional measures)
[Thorough management of offices, meeting rooms, and workplaces]
- Encourage ventilation and perform disinfection of communal areas (door knobs, meeting rooms, etc.) and desks.
- Use video conferences actively to reduce face-to-face contact.
- When it is unavoidable to hold a face-to-face meeting, conduct it with the bare minimum participants.
[Ensuring the management of physical conditions]
- Each employee must measure body temperature every morning, and when the temperature is 37.5℃ or higher, the employee should stay home for rest and recuperation instead of going to work, and consult medical institutions.
- Even after confirming the decline of fever, the employee should avoid going to work until he/she contacts our task force and obtains permission.
[Prohibition of overseas business trips]
- Regardless of the restriction imposed by each country, all overseas business trips are prohibited.
- In areas with the Travel Advice and Warning on Infectious Diseases Level 2 or higher, or areas where worsening security is assumed in the place of residence, employees assigned (dispatched) overseas and their accompanying family members may temporarily return to Japan, if they want to.
[Visit to our company]
- Customers are required to refrain from the unnecessary or non-urgent visits to our company.
- When there is an unavoidable reason to visit us, please cooperate with us by checking your body temperature and wearing masks.
Note：The measures described above are as of April 13. They may be revised from time to time depending on the future situation.